Early Heart Attack Care - Training Your Community
We have created the documention you need to train your community. For hospitals that are training their employees, download the EHAC Syllabus and the EHAC Course. If you are training your community at an event (health fairs, school events, etc.), see the next section, "When Time is of the Essence." Thanks for your help in saving a life!
When Time is of the Essence...
If you are training within your community, you might not have a lot of time with your audience. Use the following guidelines found in the EHAC Quick Training document to train the attendees at your event. Here is a quick training outline for health fairs, school groups, etc.
- Communicate the three main educational points:
- Heart attacks have beginnings. Symptoms can begin about 2 weeks prior to a major event. This is the window of opportunity to prevent death and minimize heart damage.
- Heart Attack deaths kill 800,000 people per year in the US, but we can cut that number by 50% if people will learn the signs & symptoms of Early Heart Attack Care (EHAC).
- If you suspect someone is having a heart attack, be a Good Samaritan and get them to medical care as soon as possible.
- Share the early signs and symptoms in the graphic.
- Administer the EHAC Oath to the audience. "I understand that heart attacks have beginnings that may include chest discomfort, shortness of breath and/or arm pain, and weakness. These may occur hours or weeks before the acutal heart attack. I solemnly swear that if it happens to me or anyone I know, I will call 9-1-1 or activate our Emergency Medical Services."
- Hand out the "Heart Attacks Have Beginnings" badge to the new deputies.
- Congratulate them on saving a life!
- If you registered your deputies at your event,complete the EHAC Registration Form and submit it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it to the EHAC counter!
Download the Training Materials!
- Download the EHAC Brochure
- Download the EHAC Brochure in Spanish
- Download the Quick Training (Health Fairs, School Events, etc.)
- Download the EHAC Syllabus
- Download the EHAC Course
- Download the EHAC Registration Form
- NEW! Download the EHAC Course in Spanish