EHAC Zooms Past 100,000 Pledges
The Early Heart Attack Care (EHAC) program, which reached 50,000 pledges in July, hit 100,000 last week.
"How many heart attacks can be prevented with an army of 100,000 volunteers," asked SCPC Founder Dr. Raymond Bahr who was in Indiana September 19 to kickoff a statewide program with Indiana University (IU) Health. Dr. Bahr was also reviewing plans for a statewide initiative in Washington state as well.
"This exceeds every expectation of the Society," said SCPC CEO Wil Mick. "It shows the power of a good idea brought to light by a great leader such as Dr. Bahr and will reduce unnecessary deaths from heart attacks."
How can you use this information in your education programs?
- Download the EHAC brochure
- Request the badges from the Society via e-mail
- Take the program and the EHAC oath by visiting the Deputy Heart Attack website
- Spread the message about the free app for Best HeartHospitals that can be downloaded to Apple or Android devices. This program gives you instant access to the location of the nearest accredited chest pain center.
Dr. Raymond Bahr's Articles & Videos
Dr. Raymond Bahr writes a monthly article about the EHAC movement that appears in the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care newsletter. He has also done several videos that outline the importance of Early Heart Attack Care.
- Deputy Heart Attack Program Achieves 500,000 EHAC Pledges
- Frequently Asked Questions with Dr. Bahr
- One Mission Requires Many Partners
- Thank you for a Wonderful EHAC Year
- Inspiration on a Mission: Science of Peace Lecture
- Speaking EHAC at IU Health
- EHAC Zooms Past 100,000 Pledges
- Beyond the Doors of a CPC
- Implications of Global EHAC
- EHAC Expansion to Include Hospital Employees
- Q & A with Dr. Raymond Bahr
- Surging Ahead in Heart Attack Care
- February is Heart Month
- He Declared War on Heart Attacks
- How to Foil Death by Heart Attack
- Amazing Results in EHAC
- Winning the Battle on Heart Disease
- How Do You EHAC?
- Recording the EHAC Moment
- Share the EHAC Symbols
- Share the Tools
- Finding the Rosetta Stone
- The Power of An Idea
- Are you a Saver or an Enabler?
- A Golden Opportunity
- Heart Appreciation Month
Meet our Founder
Dr. Raymond Bahr is passionate about cardiac care and preventive education. As the founding father of SCPC, his passion to disseminate lifesaving information is a driving force at SCPC. Throughout his career, he has created multiple programs to help others understand the life saving measures that can save a life. In 1981 at St. Agnes Hospital, Dr. Bahr established the Chest Pain Emergency Department (CPED), the first such unit in the world. The initial purpose of this CPED was prompt and effective treatment of patients presenting with heart attack/sudden death. The CPED was coupled with an aggressive education program that taught the community the early warning signs of a heart attack. This education program extended to middle and high school students via health and science curricula.